Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Morning Bullets!

I have put zero time into changing my template but I cannot look at snow anymore so a quick very temporary change....

I have no flowing thoughts here as usual. So......

*My house looks like a tornado flew through it depositing diapers and dolls and trains and trucks and sippy cups EVERYWHERE......I stubbed my toe on a baby gate and I found ALL of my shoes in my closet filled with beanie babies wrapped in toilet paper blankets......Now, we have no toilet paper.....Oh-how I love my little nieces and nephews but honestly, I wonder how I made it through that stage of life.

*Theo's baby shower went so well. He is so precious-such a little miracle! I am struggling through the emotional basketcase symptoms of PMS and I'm very thankful for the coping mechanism I found in cheesecake and 156 ounces of coffee this weekend.....

*I went to my parents' church for the baby dedication. Beautiful service but the closing prayer was literally 8 minutes long. I have a slight attention deficit when it comes to 8 minute prayers. Anyway, I found myself distracted and secretly scrolling through my blogroll on my phone where I bumped into Ana Maria's race report! I may or may not have uttered "HOLY SHIT" in church!!!!! For a brief two minutes I wanted to run a 5K and then remembered how I hacked up a chunk of lung at a pace significantly slower than that in my last one-ha!! She's amazing:)

*As if that wasn't ENOUGH inspiration I then later came across another favorite blogger and friend Amanda's awesome race report! In the midst of marathon training, fighting through a kitchen remodel, managing workouts with 3 tiny kids and coming off a major injury, she pulled off a SUPER tune-up race! Mark my words, this girl will go FAR and I'm excited to watch her!

*Moving on....my sisters told me that my son looks like "Teenwolf" and I need to get his hair cut. I agree. This is just not happening and I'm picking my battles. He is bathed and his clothes are clean even though he looks like a COMPLETE orphan.

*I fell short of my 68 projected miles and finished with 67 last week but no split runs. I seriously considered running one junk mile on the TM at 11 pm last night... My 18 on Friday was rough-a good run but rough. I was anticipating a pace much slower than what we ran for the first 12 and I was completely physically expended. A 16, 17, and 18 in 7 days might be a little much for me just yet. My long run will only be 14 miles this week.

*I have a parent meeting tonight at the school to address the "Human Sexuality, Values and Choices" cirriculum for the 7th grade. This should be fun as there are a couple of moms that I'm quite certain will blow a gasket during the meeting. Ahh the dynamics! My daughter is so excited for this (hint of sarcasm)!!! She just thoroughly enjoys me telling her about the facts of life (or presenting them to her in text message format)and I'm sure she can't wait for the teacher, Mrs. XXX to really lay it all out there!!! For now, I'm just so thrilled she is still in the grossed out stage....

*My hubby is rubbing my feet while I type on my laptop! Yes, life is good! Happy Monday all!

24 comments:

XLMIC said...

The green color looks very spring-ish :)

Sippy cups, diapers, and toys…oh, my! Shoe beds w/ toilet paper blankets…ha ha ha! We have those!

Good to pick your battles ;-) some are way more important than others.

I just read an awesome blog about a sex ed curriculum… I'll see if I can find it in the next few hours for you. It was really interesting.

And WOW to 67 miles. WOW.

Running and living said...

You have the funniest blog, no question!
I laughed out loud reading your comment, and my son and husband ran over to read it to. We all imagined you in church with your i-phone! Ha!
I am all about piking battles with kids.
67 miles = 68 miles.
Your daughter does not like to talk about sex? My son is all about penises and wives/husband. Hm, something tells me that will change soon - THANK GOD!
V smart about going long only 14 this week!
Glad the shower went well. Honestly, I don't know how you did it with 3 little kids...I only have one and there are trains and track everywhere...and signs, too!
You will run a sub 20, I have no doubt about that!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Love the new template:) I have no attention span for long prayers either!! Cheesecake is the best coping mechanism I know!! Amanda is amazing! 67 miles...you are AMAZING!!

Emz said...

I love your mileage.

awesome.

Caroline said...

serious mileage as always..
my hat's off to you
Oh I would love to go to that meeting!!! free entertainment!!!
I also skip the haircut war with my boys. It is too long. It should be shorter but I get :"Keith (Urban) does not cut HIS hair!" and well they can still see where they are going so it will wait another week!!! maybe a month since I am saving bribery for the dentist !!!

A Prelude To... said...

My husband won't touch my feet at all.
:-(
He's got something against all feet...not just mine...so he says :p

ajh said...

Ha Ha Are you referring to the text message that got me started reading your blog? I could click it and see but I am too tired. Poor, huh!

Yup, hair is not worth a battle.

Amanda@runninghood said...

I will hopefully be back tonight to read this and comment more in depth but your belief in me almost made me shed a tear here! Off to gymnastics practice and then home to finish kitchen, etc. but I hope hope hope to get a chance to catch up with you!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Btw, shame on you for texting in church! :) :) made me laugh.

Keri said...

Loving the new look! Amazing mileage. I cannot even imagine...

Lisa said...

So glad your nephew is doing well and you were all able to get together and celebrate!

Great job on your runs. I can just imagine you thinking about running that mile. Too funny, but I know the feeling!

I think it's funny how people get so worked up about things. I guess that's easy for me to say since I don't have kids! Hope the meeting was entertaining!

Jessie said...

I keep telling myself Im NOT ready for the whole girl friend / boyfriend thing.. LET ALONE SEX ED! EEEKK! My little guy is 7 and I there have already been comments and I had a neighbor come and tell me about a conversation he had with her son. Im NOT READY! Good luck with the meeting! =)

XLMIC said...

I am sure it's too late... but here:

http://the-writing-life.blogspot.com/2011/03/sex-ed.html

Unknown said...

Cussing in church, beanie babies in toilet paper and a son who looks like TeenWolf. And YOU wonder why we keep coming back for more????

Jill said...

67 instead of 68? What a slacker!! Sheesh, I think I must stop following you!

:)

Uber jealous of the foot massage...my PT guy does my heel and I think I want to kidnap him and take him home :).

Raina said...

I am digging the template! Will there be a new scene next week??

The beanie babies in the shoes is pretty funny. I am glad they didn't hide thier snacks in there. That always throws me for a loop. ;) Maybe you need a few more...hahahhahahahha.

Mileage is looking good! And I know what you mean about that LR being a bit TOUGH. Whew...Good idea to knock back the next week to 14.

I think your hubby was trying to tell you something :)
Can he do ice massage and shock therapy? I have this little foot thing going on....

Kate said...

WOW! Check out that mileage!

Steel Springs said...

I'm laughing about the Beanie Babies...at least they're warm!

Awesome mileage this week.

Stephanie said...

Ugh. My mom is a OB nurse so she specializes in fertility, the NICU, and oh wow...sex ed. Guess who's mom came in 7th grade and taught the whole class about birth control pills. Not so much fun at all....let me tell you.

Lindsay said...

hah. the 1 mile. i've been there, but i'm glad you resisted. that one mile is not going to make/break you in a race.

yesssss you linked to the infamous post. you are no longer trying to bury it ;) i feel like you will be making fun of the mom's who can't contain themselves haha.

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I am so impressed with your running! My biggest fear is one of my children accidently picking up my phone and reading a text that is only meant for my husbands or my eyes! My husband is in the military and is gone here and there quite a bit!

One Little Jill said...

156 ounces of coffe is what I will need today!!!!

I really like the new layout actually- you should lie and say you spent a lot of time working on it!

Raina said...

Thanks Jenn- have a super weekend!!

Wendy said...

Hope your feet is feeling better, and you can get back to running soon!!