So-I’ve officially started a training plan in which I fudged the first day and moved my speed on the 2nd day until the 4th day after the 3rd day of rest that got moved from the 6th day. Yep-right on track!! I really do have this figured out though! The first 4 weeks I’m only incorporating one speed day and just continually building miles.
My hip is doing very well. I feel nothing when running and ALMOST nothing otherwise. I am so thankful to finally have this injury behind me. I am starting to feel fairly confident about running harder and not breaking my leg! I’m also thinking that running twice a day sometimes and keeping most of my runs shorter for now has been a decent way to get my weekly mileage back up there a little more safely. I think my fitness level is improving but considering only 4 miles at MP makes me start hallucinating a finish line, I have a ways to go...
ANYWAY, to stay with my current blog theme of complete and utter disorganized thought, I better move on to listing my bullet point tidbits of likely unimportant information in whatever order they come to mind!
• The Halloween candy bowl on the counter is the Devil’s playground…..
• I still can’t even think about my husband without envisioning him in those nasty little shorts…Richard Simmons does not make frequent appearances in my fantasy life….
• My hair is making me crazy. I want it long, I want it short, I want it blonde, I want it black. My hair dresser says this is just not possible….(I pay a lot of money for this to be possible)
• I am joining a women’s hockey league. More like a social wine club with a crosstraining bonus but we are calling it hockey. Most of us are hockey moms who have spent so many hours watching our kids play the game that we figure that since we know so much we might as well get out there and play ourselves. Besides, hockey equipment is very feminine and figure flattering!
• I’m going on a girls date with my two daughters on Saturday for “Diva Days”. “Diva Days” is where redneck women go when their husbands are out shooting wild animals. My girls are at great ages and I genuinely enjoy spending time with them! I will always be “mom” but they have really become 2 good little friends of mine and I adore them!!!
• I am super excited for the NYC marathon!!!!
So-before I head off to Spin class to get my butt whooped I have two quick shoutouts!!
First to Meg who is prepping herself to run NYC on Sunday. Meg was one of the very first blogs I started following and I have the UTMOST respect for her as both a person and a runner! Such an inspiration. She absolutely deserves everything that I believe she WILL receive on Sunday morning!! Good Luck Meg!! Just run girl!
And second to ERG who recently threw me a shoutout on her blog and I’m returning the favor. 262 miles she ran in October with what appears to be 3 small boys! VERY impressive! I’m super excited to follow her quest to Boston in April! Go check her out!!
Happy hump day!!