Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm BAACK!! Monday Ramblings:)

Ahhhh Recovery!! What does this mean?? Why, it means posts related to very important topics like why I have a $700 deer head mount now hanging on my wall (Whaa??), and what I should do with my hair at my MUCH NEEDED appointment on Friday of course!!!!

First things first-The Deer head...

I came home from work the week before last to find this lovely stuffed creature hanging on my family room wall.... My husband is seriously IN LOVE with it!!! I am constantly catching him averting my eyes and stealing a quick glance at his newfound PRIZED possession. When I downloaded my marathon pictures that he took there were 9 TOTAL pictures of me. There were 17 pictures of the deer head...... Last week, I was typing at the computer late at night, kids in bed, stuffed animal hanging behind me.... Joe comes downstairs and says out of the blue "I LOVE YOU" in a really meaningful thoughtful purposeful way. I turn around and he is stroking both sides of this freakin' deer head and gazing into it's eyes....Freak!! As if it's not bad enough that I have to even have this on my wall, it's hanging RIGHT NEXT to my treadmill! Like, Bambi's creepy, glassy eyed, dead daddy is my now my new running partner!!! Well, I've decided to put him to good use...


*And again the disclaimer if anyone should not know me by now. I DON'T think my husband is really a freak....

Moving on to the equally important topic of haircuts!

My hair is long. I haven't had more than a trim in over a year. I sweat like a pig and during the marathon I almost put my ponytail in my mouth and started gnawing it off with my teeth because it was driving me crazy slapping against my back. I don't know what to do with it. Looking back at past pictures, I can find a few that quite obviously show what I SHOULD NOT do with it. I was thinking about going back to this length but not wearing 5 inch hot rollers to bed??? WHAT IS UP WITH THE SUPER FLIP!! Sadly, this was only 1 year ago. I'm trapped in Northern Minnesota-we are a little behind.....


Seems like forever since I've done a weekend update so a few random bullets to go with the rest of this captivating post...

*On the road again this weekend. Ryan's hockey team won the North American Pepsi Cup AAA hockey tournament. 16 wins in a row for these girls. FANTASTIC team and fun to watch. She took a big hit on Sunday and lay crumpled for awhile while the EMT's tested her for a concussion. Not sure that's my favorite part of the game...

*Ended up in the ER with Max for an ear infection on our travels. I generally let these run their course and he doesn't have many anymore but this one was just making him MISERABLE. Poor little guy.

*Reese played her final volleyball tournament of the J.O. season today. Another day in the car but after this week we finally get to enjoy summer!!!! I say this as it's 54 degrees and raining outside....

*I only ran 12 easy miles last week. BY FAR, the biggest recovery I've ever done but sickness, fear of injury again perhaps, forced me to just relax a bit this time. I went out for 10 miles/8:08 avg. late this afternoon and my legs feel great and ready to go. I will run without a plan this week and then barrel into a 13 week modified Hudson training plan for my fall marathon.

Off to the gym to meet up with my workout buddies who will taunt me for my weakness and reprimand me for my absense the last few weeks......

So Thereyago, Don't Cha Know!! Apparently, I have a bit of a Minnesota accent as noted by a friend who has known me only through blogging and email until recently. I won't be too offended as this friend also thinks Fargo is in Minnesota:) Happy Monday!

18 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Jenn..
I still haven't read your RR post (you know, that lovely comment I made on it - bahaha) but lookie here, I am FIRST of your many admirers on this one. YAY me!!!

I love your hair. Mine is just an ugly dishwater blonde (you've seen it). I was growing it for Locks For Love and chopped the crap out of it when I maybe only had one more inch to grow...but that was during that one period of my life when it sucked (sort of like now!) and thought a change before the Tucson Marathon was in order. I always feel bad I didn't make the 10" but oh well...no one wanted that dried out mess anyway. So that was a total random comment but you like random so there ya go. I say go wild with the hair and let's see it next week!

Excellent performances by all the kiddos, wow o wow! Poor Max on the ear visit; I know you gotta be very miserable to go to the ER (did that just yesterday) so I hope he's on the road to recovery now.

That deer sucks and I am glad you put it to good use. Someone would have to be owing me a ton of running gear, maybe a trip to Hawaii, to hang that thing in my living room! :)

Have a great weekend with the tournaments! I'll get to the RR soon, promise!!
xo

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Just read your Grandma's report. Very impressive, even if it wasn't the time you want. Love the hanging in the port-a-potty strategy. might have to use that one sometime!

Is Twin Cities your fall marathon?

Running and living said...

If you figure out what to do with your hair, let me know. I am in a similar situation. I keep it long bc it is easy. I actually make a double pony tail so that all hair is tucked behind and not bugging me. I can;t have anything that requires blow drying...too much for my be at work @ 6:30 am mornings. Ha!
Smart you recovered. I should have done more of that, ha! Still good to be running again, ha?
Sorry about Ryan and Max. Busy worry filled weekend. Glad you are getting a bit of rest from all the traveling.

And the deer stories are too funny. You guys must have a ton of fun over there!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Yah...sure. donchaknow. As someone who used to live in MN (my sister still is there), I had to laugh at that last paragraph. :)

Lisa said...

that deer head and your husband's reaction cracks me up. something like that would drive me nuts but it sounds like something my husband would do just to get a rise out of me! Good luck with it! ;)

XLMIC said...

I can't wait until the weather cools down so we can have hotdish again dontchaknow.

If he is stroking that deer head and you AREN'T calling him a freak... something is wrong :P

Glad you enjoyed some downtime and are now raring to go :)

Your kids are amazing... I wish mine could take lessons from yours!

Caroline said...

you are better then me
there is no way that thing would be in my family room...garage ok or man cave if he has one. that's it!!!!

the hair...chop chop....I now go as short as possible with the ponytail option for running. as long as everything fits in a hairband I am good!

Raina said...

Hey....now....I know that Fargo is in the Dakotas. One of them...:)

Still, I want to pack my bags and move to wherever you are racing! Haha.
It's sure nice to see that rack getting put to good use. Way to score, Joe! I love the new accessory holder. Did I see a way to hang the hydration belt on it??

Poor MAX! I am so sorry. That had to be excruciating. :( I hope that the rest of your clan is on the mend, dontchaknow.

Can I get a hair appointment with you? Nathan keeps tugging on mine- I think this is a phase- and driving me batty. Plus- you can take off like 8 seconds off your marathon time if you have short hair. BONUS!

13 weeks....staying tuned!!!! I am having some thoughts on the whole shorter training cycle thing. Much to blog on here, so little time. I am done with the blog length comment.
Have a great week Jenn!

Raina said...

Oh yeah! I forgot to say CONGRATS to the hockey princess!! SO glad she didn't get knocked out. Eek. I have many years of football coming up..makes me nervous.

Michelle said...

I love the excellent re purposing of the deer head!

Good luck with the hair. You could always only pull the ponytail half way through the last loop so it would not slap your back so much. My hair is about the length in your hot roller picture and I do it so that it won't graze my ears as I run.

Carie said...

I love your hair! Don't cut it! I am trying to grow mine out and look at your pics when I visit this blog and think that's what mine will look like once it's the length I want it to be!

And talk about sweating...I live in Alabama and the humidity is KILLER! I ran 18 on Saturday and literally wrung out my clothes when I was done. My socks felt like I had ran in the rain, and my hair looks like I've been in the shower!

Running my very first marathon Sept 4!

kristen said...

ok, you know I love you and all, but please don't do the super flip with your hair again (I've seen pictures of myself like that. what was I thinking?). I love your hair in that sidbar picture. The one labeled "not always running" Is that too long still?

Lindsay said...

Minnesot-da may be behind the times but you do have Internet don'tcha know, you can google the latest styles... Cause you know, I am SO stylish myself!

Mr. Deer Head freaks me out. I would not hang my stuff on him. But I am sure your hubs is happy to learn that you are open to a threesome.

Teamarcia said...

OMG best use of a stuffed deer head ever! I think you should adorn it for various holidays!
ugh hair. Last time I had mine done sported the Brenda Vacarro look until it grew out. My pony's driving me nuts too.
Glad you are recovering well and wow those kiddos--nice job all around!

TX Runner Mom said...

Recovery weeks can be good! I wish I could do a pony tail, but my hair has been short for so long, I don't think I'll ever grow it out! Ummm, as for the deer...we have that and a fish in our garage. I feel a little bad about that, but when we moved to a new house 3 years ago I just couldn't seem to find a place for them. :-)

Jessie said...

Your hubby is so funny! lol I live in a pony tail right now and it drives me crazy but I have no time to deal with the curly fro that is my head!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

bahahaha....this friend of yours must have been drunk to say something so silly!!

Now I get why I've felt out the loop all week! I missed this entire post! good grief. Okay now, I know most of it anyway but still....

Haircuts...fun fun! I love cutting it in a bob and wearing it in two low/back ponytails...not piggy tails but more of an athlete look. Piggy tails. ha ha. this helps with still being able to put it back AND cut it short.

Have not even been asking about your runs! I thought you were still keeping it shorter and not running much...gee sorry, I feel like a bad friend now. 10 miles at 8:08 is great! For an easier run too! gee. I have been excited with 8:20 pace. You don't sound like you've lost much at all!

Okay, off to bed!

Julie D. said...

oh my word. My husband is the same...you are a good wife. His deer and elk heads are in the garage!!! :) maybe when we have a mtn. lodge he will get his wish!!!