Thursday, March 3, 2011

My kiddos, training and shoutouts!

So, I'm off with my oldest bright and early tomorrow morning to watch her WHOOP IT UP in Duluth this weekend. Regional tournament! LOSER goes home-season over. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'm all packed up like the middleaged SUPERMOM with my buttons on my jacket, my pom poms, my cow bell, my glittery ponytail holder.....not so much, she would kill me! Truthfully, I will probably sit by myself and chew my nails while I watch the hardest working kid EVER play her heart out! Ah-heck, it's my blog and I can brag up my kid if I want. BeSIDES the work ethic, she's a STELLAR hockey player!!! You know what's even better than reaching a major goal for yourself? WATCHING ONE OF YOUR BABIES DO IT!!!!!!! Good luck Ryan and if you're reading my blog we're going to have a talk because I have some explaining to do about a few previous posts......It'll be like that talk we had that one time where you crawled under your bed and covered your ears.....Catch my drift? No reading my blog....



*I've adopted the other two but only the sassy one in the middle is actually mine! She is an awesome kid!!! So witty, so determined, SUCH a blessing. Also, I am not nearly technologically advanced to put words on pictures so this was not my doing:)

My son had his last official hockey practice tonight and a big pizza party afterwards! He will have his last major tournament this weekend which I will once again miss. I really need a clone. I hate missing any of my kids' activities. He's growing up too fast, the cool factor is setting in, I can't kiss him in public anymore.....

Yes, he is my son. Don't chew, just shovel it in!

Hockey gear and Camo rain boots......

To the running.

In the first week of my training plan which is a little goofy because of some scheduling but I do have a plan and I'm stickin' to it:) I've been good with the weights and core but find myself tempted to skip that sometimes because I'd rather read blogs.....You may find me a bit more absent in the near future. I always read on my phone or my work computer. EVERY blog on my blogroll but sitting down to comment and actually write blogs might suffer a bit. As much as I love this, I'm willing to make that sacrifice. Anyway, So far:

Monday- 10.6 miles/8:12 avg pace. Aiming for 8:15-right on target.

Tuesday- 13 total miles -Easy 4 miles AM on the mill- 8:06 avg pace incline 1-4% repeating every 1/4 mile. Evening 9 miles with 3X1600's (6:31, 6:31, 6:22)

Wednesday- 7 easy 8:11 avg.

Thursday-9 total outside-NO wind for once!!!!! 4 tempo (7:05, 6:48, 7:08, 6:57)Felt really really really tired after this. Would have liked to feel MUCH better and I'm struggling mentally with tempo runs lately. However, I'm getting it done....

Friday-OFF-no time anyway-LOTS of driving and games.

Excited to knock out the rest of my week's miles on the hills of Duluth!!! Bring it!!!!

Good luck to all those racing this weekend! In particular, Ginny who is running the Snickers marathon! I signed up for mile 24 in which I will be virtually pumping her full of loads of encouragement!! Actually, the whole race! I'm so excited for her and I'm betting she's gonna have an AWESOME race!!

One more MAJOR shoutout that's been on my mind this week. CHEERS to all those moms (and dads) out there who are training with LITTLE kids and juggling schedules and diapers and feedings and naps and running with joggers, and wiping snot and STILL being determined enough to make it work. What a great example to set for your kids! Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

XLMIC said...

YOU are an inspiration! Even if you felt like toast after that workout, the cumulative deal is very impressive and right on your targets... right? Awesome. And tempos are hard. One thing that I like to do is take that training or racing thing (this, for me, always goes back to rowing but translates to anything) that I 'hate' and do it so much that it becomes my favorite and my strength. Try that with tempos :) lol.

You are able to do it all w/ a job, 3 kids in traveling sports, and harsh winters... oh, and hotdish... you get a huge pat on the back, too :)

Wishing your hockey stars an awesome tournament! And remember to go easy on the Doritos ;-)

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

Love reading your blog!! Looks like you have amazing kids. Had to laugh at your comment to Ryan to quit reading your blog--too funny! Well, to me anyway. Maybe not so funny to you!

Your training is incredible. It makes me want to push myself to new heights! Probably not to your heights, but something more for myself ( : Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Haha! I love the *threat* to your daughter. Can I also mention that I love the name Ryan!!!

Kelly said...

Love reading your hockey stories! My daughter just started her 2nd season of inline hockey (she is 5!) Can't wait for her to try ice hockey! Hope you have an awesome weekend! Great miles by the way...you are truly amazing to get that much running in!

Amanda@runninghood said...

You are amazing! I am glad you posted your workouts. They motivate me. I don't know how you do it all Jenn! How do you read every blog on your blog roll? Maybe my problem is that I followed too many blogs to begin with and now I barely can keep up with going to the blogs of the people that comment on my blog and if I get to my blog roll then I'm doing good. But your blog is a must! Especially since I consider you a real friend now! :)

Go Ryan Go!! She is GORGEOUS! not surprising. And your son....a cutie!

Hope you have a great weekend Jenn! I'll be thinking of you as I do my repeat 1600s tomorrow. I'm half tempted to just put the machine on 6:30ish pace or less and hold on for a 3.1 and try to break 20 minutes just to see if I can instead of doing the repeats. I"m feeling crazy. :)

middleagedrunner said...

shoot, your temps run makes me want to puke! You are so fast and scary- I want you to come to my house and scream at me to go faster...
I love the "tough guy" pic of your daughter and her friends- for some reason, even though i'm 31 most of the pics I take with my friends look like that.
i lovelovelove you blog- I think that you are secretly superwoman managing to juggle everything that you do. Awesome job!

middleagedrunner said...

That would be TEMPO run. I'm a little slow this AM!

Running and living said...

Speaking of bragging about your kids, I have an entire blog for mine, how is THAT for bragging?

Ryan is amazing. All your kids are. Such great work ethic, and handling so much, kinda like...hm..their parents?

No worries about the tempo, Jenn. It is very early in marathon training, these are supposed to be hard. I predict in 4 weeks this tempo will be easy peasy for you!

Have a fun weekend and Go RYAN (I love the name, btw!)

Lisa said...

As always, super cute pics!! Good luck to Ryan and her team.

I have no kids and I'm not training for a marathon right now, but I'm exhausted with everything by the end of the week. I truly believe that parents who are runners are super heros!

have a great weekend!

Kathie said...

hahaa am loving the threat to your daughter.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Seriously, I don't know how you guys train with kids....you are a huge inspiration to me. I hope you have fun watching hockey all weekend!!! Don't worry I know you will be lurking my blog while you are gone, you don't need to comment:) AWESOME RUNS speed demon!!! Holy cow. I wish we could do tempo runs together to make the time go by faster. Your daughter and son are the cutest things in the world. I want them. HAVE FUN!!!

A Prelude To... said...

Not kissing in public anymore?? Oy.
My son has already requested that he only call me Mama in private now and insists on calling me Mom in front of his friends :-(
Heart. breaking.

Emily said...

seriously-i could not do what you do with kids. i have enough trouble taking care of myself.

Hannah said...

Awwww! What a cute little hockey player! Love it.

You had some incredible workouts! Well done! Thanks for the inspiration - your tempo kicked butt!

Raina said...

Another crazy weekend!
Your week for running just looks soooooo good, Jenn! Want to use my entry for Boston? I think you could be ready =D

Max probably misses you watching him..Even if he won't take a kiss. When does that stuff start? Where do they get those ideas?! I'd want to mooch his face - even with pizza hanging out of it!!

Too funny about your daughter and the warning. Haha..See the blog must be GOOD stuff or they wouldn't bother. =D

Hope you have a great weekend and a few minutes with Joe!!!!

ajh said...

You are right. Watching our kids reach goals and succeed is the best. The flip side of that is not so fun. Anything that happens to them seems to effect me more sometimes than what happens to me.

Have fun at the tournaments.

Raina said...

Hi! Back...crazy lady here. I just wanted to test something out and am using a different email identity.
Anyhooo -hope you are having a fun hockey weekend. Save some fingernails for later!

Adrienne said...

I think your juggling is way more admirable than the baby one- your kids have so many activities!