Sunday, May 8, 2011

Through the eyes of my son.

ALL ABOUT MY MOM by Max

My mom's name is Jennifer.

The color of my mom's hair is brown.

My mom's eyes are blue.

My mom weighs about 126 pounds.

I think my mom is about 36 years old.

My mom's favorite color is purple.

Mom mom's favorite television show is Hockey.

My mom's favorite junk food is cake.

My mom doesn't like to go to bed.

My mom likes to eat pizza

But don't give her candy.

My mom looks prettiest when she was 35.

In the summer, my mom likes to run.

In the winter, my mom likes to watch movies.

My mom's favorite pastime is running.

My mom likes to play board games with me.

My mom's wish is to buy a new car.

I behave best for my mom when we go to church.

I like being with my mom most when she is happy.

I enjoy listening to my mom read the story "The Best Mom"

If I could give my mom something special it would be flowers.

My favorite thing about my mom is she loves me.


MY FAVORITE ANSWER: My mom looks prettiest when she was 35!! Bahahahaha!!!! Too funny.....(I actually am 35, I'm forgiving the fact that he aged me since he also shorted me a couple of pounds-ha!)

Weekend update to follow but first need to catch up and comment with everyone!! Happy Mother's Day!

16 comments:

XLMIC said...

I love Max's view! I love finding out what kids' perspectives on things are. It is so funny that he said you don't like to go to bed! Is that true? LOL @ don't give her candy! My favorite part is that last line :)

Happy Mother's Day, Jenn!

Runnin' Momma said...

LOVE IT! I did something like this for my mom too when I was in Kindergarten- it was and is hilarious! Love the age thing! -I would forgive him too! Pretty darn cute! Hope you celebrated with your family today! Your hubby must be leaving on his work trip soon (or maybe he has left) but hopefully you all got to spend some time together before you are a "single" parent!

Happy Mother's Day!

~Katie

Carlee said...

so cute! what a sweetheart :)

Shawn said...

You will think about those comments when you run....those will be the ones that push you through the hard spots.

Good for you, hope the hockey weekend went well.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

This is so sweet--and too funny!
:)

ajh said...

I love this! Very sweet. It's a keeper.

middleagedrunner said...

HAHAHA! My Mom likes cake! She doesn't like to go to bed! I'm seriously cracking up over here.
And PS: even though I have sucked at commenting lately I still ready each and every one of your blog posts and love them!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this, it totally made me smile!
xoxo
Hope you had a perfect MD!

Running and living said...

Adorable! Kids are so observant...like the going to sleep comment:) Guess he thinks you are looking the prettiest now! Smart boy!

Lisa @ Eat.Pray.Run. said...

don't you just love hearing what your kids really think of you?! gives you a great perspective on what's really important to them. it always seems to be things that i thought were so trivial that end up holding the most meaning for them. i wish my kids would short me a few pounds!! ( :

ShutUpandRun said...

That was my favorite answer too. And that you like cake.

Very sweet; so fun to see the kid perspective.

Amanda@runninghood said...

I love this Jenn! Love that you play board games with your kids...my kids would say that I never play with them. So funny that he says you don't like to go to bed. And 126...where did a boy his age pull that from? That's funny that he would even get close to a realistic number. My kids would say something like 66 or 520 or something. Don't give her candy huh? too funny. Do you really want a new car? What kind of car do you drive girlie? With a mom as pretty as you, your little guy is going to have some "pretty" high standards when he starts dating.

Raina said...

Ah, this is too precious! I noticed the aging right away, only because I am totally consious that we will be in different age groups at some point =D.

Your favorite show is hockey? Is taht for real? Can't get enough, huh?! lol

Finally got to see your jibjab card. Hahhahahaha! love it.

Lindsay said...

hahahaha. the prettiest answer... hahaha. max is awesome. he overestimated your weight though by about 40 lbs. this was so cute!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!!

I stopped down the 4th grade and one of the girls had written that she likes her mom best when she is not having babies.

I love kids!

Michelle said...

Awww, sweet boys and their love for their mamas! Mine has dropped calling me "Mom" and I'm "Babe" b/c that's what hubs calls me. Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day!