Monday, January 25, 2010

Quick recap!

So-since Friday!



Saturday morning we awakened to a monster snow ice storm! This was actually awesome because our games got canceled and we all had the day at home together. This lasted about and hour before Joe was already getting Max ready to go to a boy's hockey game that was still on and Ryan and Reese were already making plans with friends. My house is generally grand central station on the weekends we're home so we ended up with 8 kids sleeping over. Only one threw up on my carpet so I would call this a success!

I was still feeling miserable about my long run the day before so I knocked out 8 miles on the treadmill during the evening. From Sunday to Saturday I ran almost 64 miles so I was happy about that. I also did a home weight workout Saturday afternoon. 3-way lunges are still kicking my butt the day after so Sunday morning I was hobbling around getting 11 kids ready for Sunday school.

Sunday afternoon both Reese and Max had games. Joe had a work emergency and he is Max's coach. He had to call another dad to help out with the game! This game was a big deal for Max. All of my family and his cousins etc. came to watch him for the first time! He was pretty excited and had some confidence rolling over from his last game. Anyway, Joe was not on the bench to help coach and the other two dads just opened the box doors and let the kids go. Max had 3 goals in his first shift. This was exciting and we were all cheering. He also had 2 goals on his next shift. I'm going to shorten this by saying the final score was 19-2 and Max had 12 goals and probably 5 assists. Now, 6 years olds know nothing about running up the score but Joe would have NEVER let him score 12 goals. He played center the whole game and the coach's just smiled and let him go! I was proud of him because he was so excited but actually quite embarrassed that we let the score get that high and they let him continually score. Oh well, not my place, and I'll just stay out of it.

Viking lost. I'll leave it at that!

I'm working all week and playing single mother so although I will still read blogs I probably won't have much time to comment or post! Super congrats to Meg on her awesome marathon and I'm still waiting to hear how Julie did on the half. My sister and my dad ran and indoor half in Milwaukee which was run around a speed skating track. ( I think the track was 455 meters or so) so under 4 laps a mile. My sister actually loved it and thought it was awesome for spectating and easy to time yourself as all you had to figure out for pacing was how fast you wanted to run each lap. There was also an indoor full. Laurie finished in 1:41:18 and my dad in 2:05. They had fun!

Here are some quick pics from the weekend:


Max in his favorite Dustin Byfuglien signed Blackhawks jersey!


Reese and her friend Morgan before their game!


Before dinner!


Reese hopping right out of bed!

I plan on running 8 tonight and then a tempo 10 tomorrow! Hope you all have a great week!

20 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Sounds like a busy weekend even with the cancelled games! That's too cool about the indoor 1/2...I'd love to try that. Sorry 'bout the Vikings, but since I'm from the south, I have to cheer for the Saints. ;-)

J said...

Love your outfit in that picture! I love the orange coat!

Katie A. said...

I don't know how you do it! You truly are a super woman/mom! Awesome job on the mileage this week! I wish I could say I did that well, but I had a weird/crazy week of running. So glad it's Monday and we can start fresh! Have a good week!

Bethany + Ryan said...

wow 64 miles, thats awesome! your kids are adorable! indoor half? hmm interestingm great times for running in circles! Does your whole family run? SO COOL!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I am so impressed that you can find the time to log 64 miles! Great job! Good luck being a single mom this week!

Susan said...

Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend.... and you are the cutest thing.... with cute kids to boot. I want that orange coat, I LOVE IT!

Genesis said...

one throw-up is a success...whew...i probably would have lost it with that one throw-up. i swear i give you major props!

yes, vikings lost! i wanted them to go to the superbowl so the colts could pummel them, but alas, it'll be a real game with the saints...booooo

Julie said...

Hi Jenn,
I love it when your post pictures!! I am glad to hear that Max's game went well!! He sounds like a little jock...I wonder where he gets that from???? You are a brave girl for letting all of the kids sleep over. I did that once...never again! Good job on the high miles this week!

Velma said...

Whew- you pack a lot into a weekend. Great pics and I hope the week goes smoothly.

Jill said...

You are just so nuty busy! I'm glad that you guys had a canceled game to allow a fun night with the kids sleepover, despite one puke episode. Love the pictures of the kiddos and you, as always, look so cute! I need a new hairdo, like Jenn's :). Stay sane this week being a single parent!!

Teamarcia said...

Another jam packed weekend for you! Love the pics as always. Sorry about the Vikes. My butt hurts just reading about those lunges.

Running and living said...

Glad you had a game cancelled and got to spend relaxing time with the family. And 60+ miles/week, WOW! I am not going to get that number before Boston, for sure! Awesome job! You really are going to rock that race!!!

Anonymous said...

Far too many kids in a house.

Melissa said...

What a great weekend!! Sorry about the Vikings, but GO SAINTS!

Unknown said...

Your kids just couldn't be any cuter. I have yellow walls too! Sorry about the Vikings, that was tough to believe. Hang in there this week and oh, thanks for the shout outs, I so appreciate your wisdom and experience and support!!

Michelle said...

Man - that is more mileage that I have gone in a month! You rock!

Love that jacket!

So cool about all the kids in the house! I'm looking forward to those days!

Keri said...

Great mileage! Why do you not like pictures of yourself? You are GORGEOUS girl!

Lindsay said...

i love your orange coat! you are a hot mama too! :)

i love that your house is the cool house for sleepovers.

Julie said...

Hi Jenn,
I just read your comment on my half marathon post and I cracked up laughing at the "WTH, I missed this post!" God I love you Jenn because you are just so darn cute:) Have a good one!

Christina said...

Everytime I see a picture of you I think you are so cute. You run around, take kids everywhere and don't look haggard. I have no kids yet my pics, even none running one, aren't as cute as yours. I'm envious.