Monday, May 16, 2011

Just another Manic Monday.....

So, going to squeeze in my Monday rambles here quickly in between mowing my 10 acre yard, tilling my garden again, separating my plants, spraying myself in the eyes with weed killer, and picking up the 47 pairs of flip flops out of my yard that my kids CONSTANTLY leave there.....I have mowed so many flipflops, golf balls, doll clothes, Hotwheels, in my life....

In random review:

*Finished my running week with a whole lotta miles. Darn near if not record high for me. I will fight to keep this up ONE MORE WEEK (if I can) and culminate it with a HM on very tired legs on Saturday. Then cut way back to maybe a 40 mile week, race a 10K hard the following Saturday and then bring it back up for 1 HARD week and a 2 week taper......I'm certain you all followed that.....Riiiiiight.....

*Went to a Zumba class on Friday which gave me a sideache from laughing SO hard. This is REALLY not my thing but my friend wanted to check it out and it was truly worth the experience. I didn't get too much of a workout but it made for some super fun late night drink conversation-ha!!

*Totally enjoyed my girls night out which reminded me of how much I VALUE my friends and just how important they are to me. A true blessing to have a friend that will hop in their car on a whim and drive 22 hours to see you when you're going through a rough patch....I want to continue to work on being THAT friend in return....

*Woke up to my son (7yrs.) standing next to my bed at 3 am with big tears rolling down his cheeks. It is unusual for him to wake up these days and he rarely if EVER has nightmares. He said he was having a nightmare and when I asked what about, he responded "I was trying on clothes and my friends were smoking." (both obviously traumatizing experiences) Poor little guy. I tried not to laugh. What goes on in little minds!!!!

*Went on a run with my Dad and my sister Christy on Saturday. I SO enjoyed this. So many great talks I have with my Dad while running and we don't get much of a chance to do it together anymore. I'm thinking this summer I will try to run one of my recovery runs with him every other week.


*met up with my friend Katie for a planned 20 mile on Sunday. I showed up at her door and you would have thought I was in a full clown costume or something. She had a HEYDAY with my waterbelt and thought this was about the funniest thing ever!!! For 15 miles she gave me SHIT about this (WHILE asking for drinks of MY water.) This run had to be about one of the worst runs I've had in a long time. Very tired and I ended up quitting at 15 with a super tight hamstring and a physically depleted body. I managed to run the other 5 later in the night which for this once, is going to have to do.....

*So, Fargo half marathon this coming Saturday. My dad and now 2 of my sisters are also running! I am unsure of my plans as to whether I will pace any of them or run with one of my many high school friends that are running or just run MP, or run as hard as my legs will let me after a heavy week. I have no idea when I will make this decision!!! I do know I'm super excited to just be back in a big race atmosphere!!! Also, I am SUPER PUMPED to watch the finish of the full marathon as I anticipate watching a friend come in in the 2:50's. You better believe Jenn will be putting her MAD cheering SKILZ on FULL display!!!

So, back to the busyness that is my life!! Will catch up after dark!!! Happy Monday!

16 comments:

XLMIC said...

That pic of you with dad and sis... LOVE it! Made me smile so big!

And poor Max... not only trying on clothes... but friends smoking! I love it that he came to tell you... and that you were able to hold back the hysterical laughter... I would have just barely choked it back had it been one of my kids!

Good friends... awesome to have and even better to be :)

I think race day will tell you how to play that half. Go with your gut, Jenn. It seems to tell you the right thing time and time again.

Love the manic Monday ramblin' as usual :)

Running and living said...

OK, so when I go to the Y to swim, I always pass the Zumba room and always laugh out loud and then realize what I am doing when multiple heads turn toward me all at once. Yup, this happens over and over! I am laughing now at the memory! People really get into it!

You look so much like your dad! Love that pic.

Your plan sounds great. I would be surprised if you don't PR your HM even on tired legs:)

Trying on clothes would be traumatizing for my son, too! Love little boys.

You are a great friend, Jenn, very perceptive and attentive:)

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I love that your Dad runs with you! Sisters are the best too!

LisasFitLife said...

Aww how exciting to run with family. Good for you guys!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

His dream...what?! I would have laughed too! :) I still can't stop smiling at thinking of you Mowing that lawn of yours...only because of how big it is of course...no other reason. ;)

Funny about the water belt story. I used to make fun of them too. And now look at me. I'm a water belt whore!

I'm thinking you had to be darn near 100 miles this last week. I laughed to myself when you texted that you had your long slow run this weekend too because I could have sworn you had already done your long run...not slow but long. Long for me anyway. ;)

I feel like I've already commented on so much of this since you're my e-mail buddy now. :)

ajh said...

I want to know what your high mileage was. I love the run with your sister and dad. You have tons of good choices for the half marathon. I hope you're better than I am at making choices. Good luck! Hope Max doesn't have to go clothes shopping anytime soon.

Raina said...

Do you really mow all 10 acres??? Yowza! I have 2 acres and it takes all day on a rider. We have had to lose a few footballs too.

What a blessing to be able to run with your dad! That's a photo to treasure. :)

Yeah.....tired legs. I guess! I was wondering about the belt. haha. WEll- you kept it on at least, despite the jokes.

Zumba. Is that the new squaredance? linedance? I would need to have some koolaid first. :) Where is the video????

Have a great week!

Raina said...

oh...and half marathon and mini cut-back? why not?! MP sounds good...

Julie D. said...

Girls night out is the best...I think i'm due for one ASAP!!! Love the pic of your dad, sister, and you!! I think we can run hard and fast but the runs we slow down a little and run with people we love are the really great runs, sometimes!

Julie D. said...

oh and zumba...one of my best friends is an instructor so she has managed to drag me there every blue moon...let's just say I never won any coordination awards!!

JC said...

Your dad is SO cute!
10 acres WOW - hope you have a ride on! hahaha!
Enjoy the 1/2 marathon!

A Prelude To... said...

"busyness that is my life"...girl...I getcha there!

Love the nightmare. ~ so funny!!
My 6 y/o came running in this morning to tell me about her dream of being at her cousins' house and their toilet was spinning and spinning and spinning her around and around and how she will never use that one ever again! Ever! Even in real life.
Must have been a really bad experience :D

Britt @ Chicago Runner Girl said...

Wow, you seem like a busy lady. How you keep it all straight is amazing. Can't wait to hear how all these races go. My girlfriends and I used to do tae bo which was more for entertain purposes then anything else.

Hoping that your legs are feeling light and springy and that the upcoming half is just an enjoyable time for you, no matter how you choose to run it.

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

curious about the mileage? what's your record?

love the pic with your Dad and sister. Cherish the moments!

I have to mow 4 acres, and I thought that was a LOT, too much. wow, 10 acres - yikes!

Good luck @ Fargo, no matter what you decide. Have fun! (I seem to feel my best when I'm maxing out the training)

Nicole W. said...

I am laughing thinking about you in the Zumba class!! and actually I'm still laughing about the dandelion wine even though thats not in this post;)
You should have told your friend that for every drink she wanted from YOUR waterbelt, she would have to wear it for a mile!;)

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Jenn, that is a FANTASTIC pic of you and your dad. But, you don't take a bad pic! GOOD LUCK on your half this Saturday. I think I was "following your plan" and it sounds like you are training, using this HM as the second half of a marathon in mind!

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative comments on my posts. I always learn something from you! And, am linking you again tomorrow on my Lessons Learned post! :)