Thursday, April 21, 2011

My belated Monday now Thursday post....

Thursday morning and I have yet to post this week. Where is my "blogging mojo" Hmmmm....I think it's hiding somewhere with my cleaning mojo....or my cooking mojo....

First of all, SUPER congrats to all those in Boston. I had a virtual race party (by myself) here on Monday morning tracking people and cheering and I was SO excited to have so many great people to root for! I also really loved having running blogger friends not running this year to share the excitement with via text message or email!! Friends that I'm excited to hopefully meet up with NEXT year in Boston!!! So, CONGRATS again and thank you to all you runners for the inspiration spark! I am QUITE anxious to have another crack at that course! For once in a long while I'm feeling a taste for big goals!!!

I've been thoroughly enjoying my time off of work. All of my kids are in school and I have ALL the freedom in the world. Biking in the morning, running in the afternoon, gym dates, coffee dates, traveling a bit to see friends I rarely get a chance to see, shopping, working outside, family game nights...It's been a nice break from a crazy crazy winter and a time to regroup before I start living in a hotel for the weekends again in 2 short weeks.....

My legs are tired tired. I'm not resting them until tomorrow and they are definitely feeling the wrath of the bike and the road. My 20 on Sunday went OK but my legs would have really liked to stop at 16. Starting a long run at MP for the first couple of miles is not the best decision for me. My pace deteriorated BIG TIME in the last 4 miles and I began chanting profanity with every step.... I will take a slightly smarter approach on my 22 on Saturday and then have a bit of a cutback week with the long run. I'm really starting to stray from my training plan here...The "Jenn" plan is seemingly taking over.....


Max cannot take a picture with a straight face these days.


They are not clawing each other's eyes out because their mouths are full.


Poor Reese. Although there is adequate space, these girls just cannot coinhabit the bathroom in the morning to get ready for school. Reese's turn in the hallway:)


What is fun to do when it's 26 degrees before school? I know!! Make your mom stand outside FREEZING while you show her how to do flips on the trampoline! (I have tried actually participating but childbirth has limited my ability to jump on trampolines-ha!)

Anyway, this is brief and likely uninteresting but I plan to post soon (more for my own benefit probably) about why it is I claim to love the marathon and maybe a little analyzing of the differences in my training from this time to last. For people who like to see paces and numbers I will throw them out there for feedback! Happy Thursday all! Off to run:)

14 comments:

Jill said...

First - yay!!!! :)

I'm here to tell you that the bathroom situation will never get better until one moves out. So I'd either be searching for a large house, building another bathroom on your current one, or sell one of the girls. :) Haha. Kidding, of course. But yeah, my daughter moved to the "dungeon" (basement) bathroom even though it's "loaded with human-sized" spiders than share a bathroom with her brothers anymore. I think that was more so because boys can't aim right and get "it" in the toilet and she was mortified. Ha...welcome to married life, honey - can't wait for that for you!!!

Nothing wrong with a little Jenn plan; you know what to do and what works for ya! No go out and be your awesome self and get some rest on those legs soon!!

Glad you're enjoying your two weeks off. Whenever I get time off from school, the whole fam damily is there in my space and I am driving them everywhere so it's not hte break to get loads done (but it's ok, most of the time).

Happy Thursday!! :)
xo

Jill said...

Oh, and thank you SO much for that awesome comment on my birthday post...totally made me smile. :)

Amanda@runninghood said...

Too freaking funny that little Max is out there jumping on the tramp while is sisters primp and fight. Sounds like my house already. Little S is usually doing something or getting into something while the girls scream about the other one looking at each other funny or touching each other's bed. But then I guess N (my middle on) really likes to bug her brother. It is awful to hear him scream. Love the breakfast shot...I can just see their enthusiasm! Boys seem so much easier in some ways. Except I can not keep up with him at this age...I now see why people get leashes for their kids. :)
Is that Joe's head in the mirror behind the girls? ha ha!
I'm excited to see how your marathon goes on these new plans! So glad you are feeling the appetite for some big goals!! :) xo

Amanda@runninghood said...

OH, and your two weeks off sound heavenly for you and your family! Enjoy every last minute of it!

Running and living said...

Yes, post all of that. Love that!

You kids are so darn cute. Little Max is adorable. I can only imagine mornings at your house with 2 gals trying to get ready. Ha! Can you believe the mornings when I have to be at work at 6:45, I wake up at 6am and leave at 6:15? Yes, no more couple of hours getting ready like in the past...

So glad you are enjoying your weeks off. Biking is awesome for the quads. Honestly, I can do hills like nothing now bc of the biking.

A Prelude To... said...

I loved your post! It's life, right?!
Your Max and my Jack - he rarely makes the blog these days due to his inability to appear normal in pictures :D

I rarely do trampolines or jumping rope...unless I'm completely alone --and then I go for it and don't worry about the consequences.

Anonymous said...

just found your blog - you are amazing! can't wait to read more :-)

Carlee said...

sounds like the Jenn plan is working for you. I'd stick with it!!!

Stephanie said...

Your daughters are so beautiful. They must get it from their momma. :) The bathroom situation reminds me of me and my three younger sisters growing up. My poor dad always woke up an hour earlier than necessary to make sure he had some uninterrupted bathroom time. :)

Irene said...

I'm laughing over the bathroom conundrum because that was me and my sister, and we had a huge bathroom that probably accommodate 5 people. LOL

The "Jenn Plan" is perfect for you. I'm sort of doing the same thing, but, it's the "Irene Plan." LOL. Yeah, you have to do what works for you, really. Other plans look good in writing, but in the real world those don't always work. Good for you.

I hope you had a great run.

ajh said...

Ha I thought of you today as I switched my winter/summer clothes around (don't know why as it is snowing but I am ready damn it) and wondered which 1/4 zips to keep out and which to put away. I am seriously addicted to jackets and 1/4 zips.

Raina said...

I think I saw minnesota from the plane...it was white and had a million little lakes. :)

Thought of you! And the trampoline...in that...is pretty funny =D

XLMIC said...

I have to limit my trampolining now, too :(

So glad you are chillin' during your time off :)

Your legs will be feeling perky and spry soon, I just know it!

Lindsay said...

oh my gosh. 26 degrees. in late april. move south. you can be my neighbor. actually, since your money would probably go further down here, you guys would live in the mansion neighborhood nearby but i'd still be your friend.