Thursday, March 4, 2010

Procrastination 101

I'm totally procrastinating on running today. Also, procrastinating on folding laundry, packing suitcases, and cleaning. Instead, I'm updating this!

Since Monday:

Ran 10 miles on Tuesday at the gym. There was a seriously creepy guy there who would not stop talking to me while I was on the treadmill. I kept having to pull out my earphones to answer him. He spent at least 45 minutes alternating between the treadmill next to me and the elliptical on the other side of me. I was so short and almost rude in my responses and he still didn't get the drift! Yuck! I hope he doesn't become a regular. The run was OK-didn't feel too hot and not enough energy to do anything else but complete the run.

Got up at 5 am and did a morning 5 mile run before work. We were heading to the high school boys hockey section championship game in the evening and I knew I wouldn't have time then. I hate running back to back(night to morning) but I sure do love getting it out of the way! We won the game-back to the state tournament!! My kids were so excited especially Max. I swear he lost his voice from screaming-it was a close game!! Looks like our trip to the cities next weekend will now start Wednesday night and roll through Sunday! More packing...Ugh!!

Today I will run at some point-probably 10 miles and tomorrow will be my long run. I'm mixing up my plan(I know something new-ha!) and I will only run 17 or so tomorrow. I have a 10 mile race next Saturday (13th). I'm not tapering because this is really just forced speedwork for Boston in my opinion. I won't do my next long run though until the Monday after (15th).

In my procrastination I started organizing photos and videos on my computer into folders. I found this one of Max and I almost started crying. He was 4 years, 2 months. He is 6 yrs. 6 mos. now. I can't believe how little he was and how much he has improved. I will have to post a current video sometime.



Book Club tonight! I feel less than stellar but I'm excited to hang out with some of my friends that I rarely see with all the hockey travel!! Happy Thursday All!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Nice mileage there. Congrats on the basketball. The life of a mom with kids in sports. I'm right there with ya.

Cute video. They grow too fast. Makes me sad that my kids don't have baby faces anymore :(

Jill said...

If there is one thing I've learned with this crud I have is to rest!! You're not doing any good running while feeling icky, trust me! Icko for the creep at the gym. I read about these weirdos all the time but I've never been privy I guess to endure such a delight. I did have some dorko body building tell me I was using "his" machine once...when I was there before him. Jerk. Hang in there girl....these last weeks into taper time are always tough...I think all germs know this and come fighting and clawing because they know we are mentally not ready to deal with them. Brats!!

Julie said...

Hi Jenn,
Oh my God is Max a natural!! He looks like a mini professional hockey player...he can really skate:)

Awesome job on the running workouts Jenn!! Keep it up!! Sorry about stalker guy at the gym:( He probably thought that you were cute and just wanted to talk to you:) I hope that you have a great weekend!! Tomorrow is Friday!!!

ajh said...

I love hearing you say "getting it out of the way" because as much as I love running I sometimes think that too!

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, your son is ADORABLE! It brought tears to my eyes watching him. I have a 17mos old son, and I CAN NOT wait until he starts doing all of the fun sporting events. Of course, it also makes me sad, because I can't believe at only 4yrs old and he seems sooo big!
Great job on the running!

Pining for Pinterest said...

I am a pro at procrastination! Have a great time at book club :-) Love the video!!

Lisa said...

I can only imagine how annoying that was to have some guy talking to you while you were running. Great job getting through the miles!

J said...

Great job on the runs! Hope you had a good time at book club! Have a good weekend and good runs!

Anonymous said...

It seems every gym has its share of weirdos! I usually get ones that pretend we have met before or something. Like the one guy who asked me if I ever did the "broad street run" as he read the name of the race right off my shirt!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is only 4 in that video! I have a 4 year old right now and can't picture him doing that, even a little!

Sorry about the creepy guy...kinda takes the enjoyment out of your workout.

Katie A. said...

Love, love, love that video!
I will say one thing that we don't have in common is procrastinating. Can't do it - hate to touch things more than once! And love to check things off my lists! I am crazy type A that way!
Great runs girly - I am sidelined with this cold thingy and just letting myself rest. Have an awesome weekend!

Unknown said...

What a cute video and I can't believe such tiny kids can be so strong on the ice! I hope your long run goes well!

Katie said...

Oh man, I hate creepy gym guys! It's crazy how they sometimes just don't get that you're trying to do a workout!