So, I am home today. Why? Because I have taken my first sick day at any job ever and I have not left the confines of my bedroom for over 24 hours. I actually missed both of my kids' home hockey games yesterday because I could not physically get to them. I've finally stopped throwing up and at least I feel as though I can sit up to sip on my sprite and saltines. I have not been flu-like sick for over 10 years and I sure hope this means I have 10 more years until I get it again. Enough complaining!!
Obviously I didn't run my long run yesterday which totally sucks because it was 18 degrees and beautiful outside. Today is even nicer and there is really no way I will be able to run today-hopefully something tomorrow. Mentally, this is a bit of a stinger for me. I have this little inner pact with myself that won't ever let me take more than 2 days in a row off. The pact will be broken today and I suppose that means in my mind I will have to start the Couch to 5K program again tomorrow.
On to better things. Julie and Genesis have both tagged me to write 10 things that make me happy! So, here I sit on my bed with my laptop and HGTV in the background thinking of what could possibly make me happy right now!
1) My husband! After 12 years I would still pick a night out with him over anyone else! He totally stabilizes me and I almost always have a smile on my face when we're together!
2) My kids and everything about them. This is a broken record because everyone loves their kids, right?! Anyway, I do not know where my happiness would come from without them.
3) My friends. I truly have the greatest friends! None are runners but they totally understand that it is important to me and have always supported me!
4)The rest of my family. My parents and my sisters are the best and I look forward to times that we can all be together. The #1 reason I chose the Twin Cities Marathon again this year is the fact that all my sisters will come and we get to hang out for the weekend!!
5) Clementines-this is totally overdone since everyone is raving about them but they are truly the only thing I've been able to eat in the last 2 days and they're awesome!
5) My Brooks Launch shoes. I still love these and anticipate buying several more pairs!
6) 50 degree weather. In my opinion, this is the perfect running weather and I can't wait to see these temps again!
7) Black beans.
8) The Nordstrom Rack! I have found many a designer steal in this store and could spend hours looking through clothing racks! I LOVE clothes and shoes but in reality should spend very little money on them since most of my life involves wearing running clothes or heavy winter coats and boots.
9) The feeling I get for about 8 hours after a race! Money cannot buy this and it is well worth the hours, days, weeks, months etc. of anxiety I have before the race!
10) April 19th. This date makes me happy! It will all be over and regardless of what happens I can say on this day that I finished the Boston marathon.
Bonus #11-The many encouraging comments left on my blog by fellow runners wishing me the best!!!
These hardly make a dent into the things that truly make me happy and just making this list improved my mood!
One more thing-a lot of people have asked what I think of P90X since I have mentioned the DVD's in previous posts. Well.....P90X is an awesome program in my opinion. It is designed based on the principals of muscle confusion and works hand in hand with a nutrition plan to guarantee amazing results in 90 days. I have had the DVD's for about 18 months but have never completed the program. In fact, the longest I've ever made consecutively was 9 days. I use the DVD's quite often individually and would really like to give the full 90 days a shot after my fall marathon next year. At this stage of life, I really don't have the time to do a one hour video and run for over and hour ever day. All this being said, I believe the program definitely works and although Tony Horton is about the most annoying man on the face of the earth, he knows what he's talking about!