Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So-I'm gonna give this blogging thing a whirl. I am a broken record in my own home and my husband would much appreciate if I could channel my obsessive running jibberish elsewhere! A little background perhaps. I'm a 34 year old mother of three. I'm relatively new to the running world but know I've found a passion; a passion and a thorn! It is a healthy obsession for the most part which beats my prior obsession of retirement planning but a thorn in that I am a classic overacheiver and I never quite live up to my own standards-working on that!! I ran a handful of 5K's before running my first half marathon last fall. This year I've run 3 half marathons, a couple of 5K's, a 10K and then the TCM marathon this October! Fortunately, or unfortunately, I qualified for Boston which means this will mark my first winter of running! I live in Northern Minnesota-it gets to 30 below in January. Not certain exactly how I'm going to tackle this.....

1 comment:

Rookie on the Run said...

WOW! I'm so in awe of people who qualify for the Boston Marathon! Awesome job!